I’m Back!!

I’m so excited that I’m finally blogging about my bentos. I wanted to do that for sooooo looo0ong. I’m so happy with my blog design, I know the header might be a little bigger than usual but I wanted a lot of stuff on it! A BIG thank you to the talented forevertulip – Cindy Jane for a beautiful blog design you are so talented!! I’m glad that I’m finally back after a very long break. Some of you may already know me as lovebones from flickr, if you don’t know me please check out more of my work go to my flickr page www.flickr.com/photos/lovebones

Finally school is back and I’m back to bentoing and will try to be a good girl and post here on a weekly basis and will try my best to be consistent. I will try to make interesting bentos that are worth posting every Thursday,  and what about for the rest of the school days?? well, my kids can live on heart and star shaped sandwiches!! ;p

Now about this bento.. I steamed and pureed green peas and spinach and mixed it with the rice to create the green color. I usually only do it with spinach and sometimes I add some shredded cheese but it was the first time I add green pees and I was so happy that my kids liked it specially that the day before on dinner I was begging them to eat their peas and they were acting like if I was asking them to eat green bunny poo ;/!! Anyways the kids loved the bento and were so happy although my daughter couldn’t tell it was a frog :s!!

15 Comments »

1. Lia Chen says:

Hi Jana! Glad to see you back in bento making. Cute froggies! Love your blog design too … so sweet (^.^)

September 9th, 2011 at 12:45 pm

2. Yona says:

Hii ! big fan if your work :) amazing blog sooo cute keep up the good work 😉

September 9th, 2011 at 1:10 pm

3. Nami says:

love it! and I’m happy to see your first post! been waiting for you to start bloggin’ 😀
    looking forward to your next post :)

September 9th, 2011 at 1:37 pm

4. Bento Mommy says:

Thanks a lot girls and I’m really happy you like my blog!

Yona wow thanks!! :)

September 10th, 2011 at 9:28 am

5. Jenn/Bentobird says:

Wow, love your cute new blog! Looking forward to enjoying your adorable bentos here (and maybe pet pics, too?) ^^

September 13th, 2011 at 10:10 pm

6. Bento Mommy says:

Thanks bentobird for your sweet comment!! I will for sure post some of our pets pics too!! 😀

September 14th, 2011 at 2:39 pm

7. Cindy says:

Yay for finally blogging! 😀 And a big THANK YOU for the mention.. *hee* You don’t really have to do that, dear. :)

And LOVE LOVE LOVE your Bento! Wish I have half the talent of yours in creating those awesome little cute foods. :)

September 21st, 2011 at 9:23 pm

8. Bento Mommy says:

Hey Cindy!! :) thank you so much for dropping by and leaving a comment! I wish ! have half the talent of yours too!! and you totally deserve to be mentioned!!

September 22nd, 2011 at 10:13 pm

9. Kristie says:

Lovely blog! Hopped over from instagram 😉

May 28th, 2012 at 1:52 pm

10. admin says:

Thank you!! :)

October 18th, 2015 at 11:10 pm

11. admin says:

Thaanks 😀

February 27th, 2017 at 12:09 pm

12. Delmer W. Underwood says:

While I have neither the patience nor the skills to make elaborated cute bento, I would try my best to make my daughter’s lunch look more appetizing now since I know it would make her very happy and that bento making is really not as time consuming as I originally have thought. For the past few days that I packed my first grader’s lunch, I was really surprised that it only took me an extra 10-15mins to assemble a pretty lunch! Because of how little time it actually takes and how my kid enjoys her lunch more now, I really don’t mind doing it at a frequent basis.

July 2nd, 2013 at 3:01 am

13. Gold Price says:

Of course, I know I could do bento boxes if I really wanted to. In fact, I’m tempted to make that a project this coming school year. I don’t even want to think about how early I’d have to get up to do it, or how late I’d have to stay up if I chose to make them the night before. If I do try it, I’ll document my efforts here. And if you’ve tried it (or you routinely make adorable bento boxes for your kids), please give me some tips!

July 5th, 2013 at 3:07 pm

14. Emilio Y. Day says:

My name is Wendy Copley and this is my blog. I’m a cook, crafter, scrapbooker, photographer, wife and mom. Whenever I go too long without doing something creative, I start to lose my mind, so I’m pretty much always working on some sort of project. My focus frequently shifts from sewing to baking to paper-crafting to creating with my kids but I am unwavering in my devotion to photography and packing bento boxes .

July 6th, 2013 at 10:00 am

15. Wendi Mccray says:

Woo hoo!! I just realized that I can actually use some of my old craft ideas on my bento too!! This is such a great time saver for a lazy person like me who do not like to plan ahead of time.

July 7th, 2013 at 6:09 am